Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.2 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 5.2 % :grinning: 22.2 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.2 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Someone has actually cut a tomato in half and put a handful of god knows what in an old money bag, thinking this is going to feed a child, then pocketed the balance of the funding which has been made available to provide the food.

Disgusting, like something from the 1840s.
EriTr03W8AEkXxy.jpeg
EriTr03W8AEkXxy.jpeg (76.5 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Scottish Tory suspended for being just as vile as his English counterparts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... d-55673808

Food bank users are more at risk from diabetes than starvation, apparently.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I think that a lot of the current Tory support and thinking comes from Thatchcunt and her "no such thing as society" crap. It resulted in a generation of selfish wankers who just respond with "but whose going to pay?" every time any initiative to help the less well off is suggested , but they say fuck all about Tories tax dodging and giving contracts to their mates.

I would NEVER vote Tory in any circumstances at all, even if it was to my advantage financially or in any other way, as I believe in society and don't want to be part of one with a gaping gap between rich and poor.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Another Tory proving why her party is known as the nasty party.

Derbyshire Conservative councillor under fire over ‘disgusting’ comment on free school meals Facebook post
On Wednesday, the Sheffield Online Facebook page published a post about the national initiative, which will relaunch on Monday and offer supermarket vouchers worth £15 a week for each child eligible for free school meals.
Commenting on the post, Mo Potts, who represents Killamarsh West for the Conservatives on North East Derbyshire District Council, said: “Let’s hope they get spent on food.”

By Malcolm Armsteen
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm
I think that a lot of the current Tory support and thinking comes from Thatchcunt and her "no such thing as society" crap. It resulted in a generation of selfish wankers who just respond with "but whose going to pay?" every time any initiative to help the less well off is suggested , but they say fuck all about Tories tax dodging and giving contracts to their mates.
Absolutely. I remember that when I was canvassing in the 80s I was asked why people should pay taxes for education after their own children had left school.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 pm
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm
Absolutely. I remember that when I was canvassing in the 80s I was asked why people should pay taxes for education after their own children had left school.
I can still see that legacy on other forums:

"I'm healthy, so why should I pay for fatties to have free NHS treatment? They inflicted it upon themselves."
"I've got a BMW, you won't get me on 'loser transport'. Why should I subsidise the railways?"
"Why do I have to pay for libraries I never use?"

These aren't 80s anecdotes: these are now.

By Samanfur
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:29 pm
"I'm healthy, so why should I pay for fatties to have free NHS treatment? They inflicted it upon themselves."
"I've got a BMW, you won't get me on 'loser transport'. Why should I subsidise the railways?"
"Why do I have to pay for libraries I never use?"

These aren't 80s anecdotes: these are now.
Very much so:
'Do we really need it?' Council leader questions library service after months of closure

Walsall’s council leader has been asked to retract comments he made about the region’s libraries, closed for much of the year due to the coronavirus, of which he said: “I’m a firm believer that if we haven’t used something for the past four or five months, do we really need it?”

Walsall’s seven libraries operated a remote service from July until England’s second lockdown began on 5 November. The Black Country borough is the only one in the region to have operated no library service during the lockdown, and when it lifted on 2 December, Walsall’s libraries remained closed, even though libraries are allowed to be open in tier 3 regions as an essential service.

“We are reviewing the situation at the moment but we are not planning to reopen all the libraries at the drop of a hat,” Conservative council leader Mike Bird told local paper the Express and Star. “We are looking at a phased approach. I’m a firm believer that if we haven’t used something for the past four or five months, do we really need it?”

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm
Must be a Black Country thing; I've got a mate from there with exactly that attitude <DARFC>
It's a post-industrial society thing. School of hard knocks, university of life, don't want none of that fancy book l'arning, leaving school at fourteen never did me any harm. And the great irony is that their parents/grandparents were probably the greatest users of libraries and adult education of all time, not because they necessarily wanted to better themselves financially, but because they wanted to learn, and keep learning until the day they died.
Enough with this 'woke' bollocks!

https://twitter.com/RosieisaHolt/status/1365308047[…]

Rishi Sunak

Frikkin' amatuers. https://i.guim.co.uk/img/med[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Listening to small businessmen complaining after t[…]

Meanwhile in Germany

Merkel is looking like she is being pincered this […]