Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 50.1 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 24.4 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.2 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Surprised it's taken her so long, given what Johnson did to wreck her deal. Then again I suppose every Tory ex-PM will want to avoid being painted as being like Ted Heath v Thatcher. Maybe we'll hear more from her- she's a much better fit than Johnson for the Mail's readership, I expect. Once Johnson stops winning and taking credit for Brexit, she could do a very good line in elder statesman stuff against him.

By Oblomov
This concern for Johnson's moral failings were oddly absent when Der Heil were championing him in 2019.

By Bones McCoy
Samanfur wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:43 pm
Quite. But the fact that the Mail is now willing to run a front page story criticising Johnson's leadership - rather than just bleat that he got Brexit done - is something that I wasn't expecting.
Grease up the Govester.

By oboogie
How odd that Johnson says it's a matter for Biden whether he keeps Churchill's bust in the Oval Office or not. I'm sure I recall that Johnson took a rather different view when Obama removed it.
Why would that be, I wonder?
By The Rationalist
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:48 pm
How odd that Johnson says it's a matter for Biden whether he keeps Churchill's bust in the Oval Office or not. I'm sure I recall that Johnson took a rather different view when Obama removed it.
The fact that Amanda Gorman's inauguration day poem was in part inspired by Churchill should send his brain into further spasms!
oboogie liked this

By davidjay
The Rationalist wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:12 pm
oboogie wrote:
The fact that Amanda Gorman's inauguration day poem was in part inspired by Churchill should send his brain into further spasms!
Do you think he's ever read a poem in English that didn't begin "There was once a woman from..."

By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:00 am
The Rationalist wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:12 pm
oboogie wrote:
Do you think he's ever read a poem in English that didn't begin "There was once a woman from..."
A couple of bits of Kipling perhaps.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Mandalay, at least.
Though I doubt he has any understanding of Kipling's rather complex character, or has read Epitaphs of the War.

a dead statesman

I could not dig: I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

And he thinks 'Ozymandias' is a hagiography.

By Bones McCoy
https://twitter.com/search?q=Branagh&sr ... cal=trends

I'm expecting a reprise of his Gilderoy Lockhart character form the Harry Potters.

Poor guy; (c|sh)ould've quit while he was Henry V.
The Trump Retirement

You’ll be first to know what data we have, y[…]

They're also unique in having almost no conditions[…]

Shaun Bailey

https://twitter.com/Dorset_Owl/status/136679431359[…]

"Boris" Johnson

I think the funniest part of the decorating story […]