Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 50.1 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 24.4 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.2 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Abysmal and disgusting bilge. 100k dead but never mind, where's Starmer's support for the vaccines eh?

Death by 1000 cuts would be a fate too kind for Johnson.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:10 pm
The vaccine roll out is saving Johnson at the moment. If that starts to go wrong, or other places catch up, I think he's in a lot of trouble. A tiny poll lead in a crisis isn't very good at all.
Or indeed if the gamble on the 12 week gap proves to be a poor guess.

By Oblomov
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
The vaccine roll out is saving Johnson at the moment. If that starts to go wrong, or other places catch up, I think he's in a lot of trouble. A tiny poll lead in a crisis isn't very good at all.
Starmer needs to work on the angle that it's succeeding in despite of Johnson, because he's left it to the NHS and local governments to run.

Otherwise he just looks a miser pissing on the parade, my friend (who is no way a Tory voter whatsoever) already can't stand Starmer because he appears to the bloke who loves lockdowns.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Starmer pushed for a circuit breaker for 2 weeks, Johnson said no and then plunged the country into lockdown for a month about 2 weeks later, Starmer said we should consider closing schools for an extended period over Christmas, Johnson said no, they opened up and two days later he shut them.

If people think it’s Starmer that’s the lockdown lover then it’s their own fault for not reading up on this stuff.

I’m sick of people looking for others to blame, he was suggesting people get back to work or lose their jobs, his eat out to help out rubbish just allowed the virus to lie low, he didn’t sack Cummings, his message after the first lockdown was silly as you had a message saying “stay alert, wash your hands”.

He is ultimately responsible for the deaths of thousands of people and he can try with the crocodile tears all he likes, we’ve passed the worse case scenario and will pass it by some margin so all this world beating rubbish and all the hyped rhetoric he came out with and continues to come out with needs to be finally put to rest alongside his career prefably very soon.

By Tubby Isaacs
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:37 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Starmer needs to work on the angle that it's succeeding in despite of Johnson, because he's left it to the NHS and local governments to run.

Otherwise he just looks a miser pissing on the parade, my friend (who is no way a Tory voter whatsoever) already can't stand Starmer because he appears to the bloke who loves lockdowns.
I think that could be a good angle. Same as the furlough, one of the more popular policies, was knocked up by old school civil servants, not some handpicked pals of Johnson's.

Though Johnson is trying to take credit for appointing the chair of the Vaccine Task Force.

By Kreuzberger
youngian wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:32 pm
They’re all on message. Is this even helpful? He looks like a broken loser
The pity-vote. I have never seen this before in British politics, but I suppose it is all part of the reality TV meme where fat, ugly, bambi-legged contestants are blessed with the chance to manage - er... I dunno - a country suffering industrial viral slaughter.

A penny to a quid says that this is the product of focus groups in places like Chelmsford and Worcester. The country has been infantilised to the point of crying for poor, wee Bowith, just as they did with their yearning for their proper Kwithmas.

Pitiful, innit?

By davidjay
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:08 pm
youngian wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:32 pm
They’re all on message. Is this even helpful? He looks like a broken loser
The pity-vote. I have never seen this before in British politics, but I suppose it is all part of the reality TV meme where fat, ugly, bambi-legged contestants are blessed with the chance to manage - er... I dunno - a country suffering industrial viral slaughter.

A penny to a quid says that this is the product of focus groups in places like Chelmsford and Worcester. The country has been infantilised to the point of crying for poor, wee Bowith, just as they did with their yearning for their proper Kwithmas.

Pitiful, innit?
Look everywhere and the most common defence you get is, "He's doing his best." Whatever else might have changed, we still prefer a gentleman amateur to a slick professional.
Priti Patel

Can this be interpreted as an admission of guilt. […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Hello, good evening and welcome...

"Boris" Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jieKdI2Wc_Y

Not to worry David Frost knows what he’s doi[…]