Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.5 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 5.2 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.2 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:13 am
Another one of the 2019 intake showing his class.

He's an RE teacher by trade...
This is absolutely fine. Genuinely. There was leftover vaccine from no-shows, it cannot be returned to storage, and would otherwise have gone to waste. My wife got her vaccine exactly the same way (spare doses, a call went out for any NHS workers to come in). If he volunteers, and continues volunteering, and there were still doses to use then this was the right thing to do. The fact he’s a Tory MP and his age are irrelevant.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 am
Then he should have had the nous to make that point himself, at the time.
To be fair, Malc, he pretty much did. He was pounced on for the perception rather than the reality.

The fact that everyone leapt to that conclusion so quickly, and thought it perfectly reasonable to do so, speaks volumes of what we expect from the Tories based on recent and current behaviour. But in this case the actual incident is a non-event.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 pm
He needs to lose the whip.

Someone didn't get the message, how does this square with right wing media's coverage of de Piffles "anguish"
You can't have it both ways
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
More on Sir Dismal Swyne:
Wiki{ wrote:On 28 September 2019, Swyne remarked that "blackface" was an "entirely acceptable bit of fun". On 30 September, it was reported that he wore blackface while attending a Blues Brothers themed party, where he was pictured posing as James Brown. Swyne said he "went to some trouble to be as authentic as possible" in creating the costume. After initially declining to apologise, Swyne later said he was sorry for any offence that he gave.
Well sorr-ee, duh.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:40 pm
The state of it.

RE Teacher, Territorial Walt. Utterly useless, dangerous waste of skin.
I genuinely can’t make sense of his face. He seems to be simultaneously going bald but have a fixed hairline, it’s a face-on shot and I can see big sideburns one side but can’t see the other side at all, and his cheek appears to be caving in.

He looks like his face has been assembled by one of those algorithms that create fake people, and the components are all there but they don’t quite join up?

By davidjay
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:58 pm
I've said it before, but I'm sure he looks in...

Thursday, 28 January 2021
Desmond Swayne - A Suitable Case For Treatment
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... e-for.html
If you mean Fenton, of course he does. He strikes me as the sort of person who spends his life reading internet comment, which makes him clued up on fact but not so good at gauging public opinion out in the real world.

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:54 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:58 pm
I've said it before, but I'm sure he looks in...

Thursday, 28 January 2021
Desmond Swayne - A Suitable Case For Treatment
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... e-for.html
If you mean Fenton, of course he does. He strikes me as the sort of person who spends his life reading internet comment, which makes him clued up on fact but not so good at gauging public opinion out in the real world.
Thus his buying into the conspiratorial skullduggery of da meeja against Jeremy Corbyn.
Meanwhile in America

Few feet further north would be better.

Next routing, across the seas to Kaliningrad. I he[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/getnorthern/status/13679024715[…]

Nadine Dorries

Ferrari's a populist, and can smell which way the […]