Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 31.7 % ❤ 6.7 % :thumbsup: 3.7 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 34.1 % 🧥 3.7 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 15.2 % :cry: 1.8 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
davidjay wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:37 pm
Anybody who says Wetherspoon's serves great beer deserves everything they get.
It's White Man's beer. Must be the best.
Ooohhh the 'worse than slavery' aspect is a new one to me. 'Them darkies can't complain [about a system our nation, amongst others perpetuated], our own had it waaaay worse [about a system our nation was exclusively responsible for].'

Bold move etc etc. And as ever, drawing the wrong conclusion in the face of the obvious.
cycloon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am
Ooohhh the 'worse than slavery' aspect is a new one to me. 'Them darkies can't complain [about a system our nation, amongst others perpetuated], our own had it waaaay worse [about a system our nation was exclusively responsible for].'

Bold move etc etc. And as ever, drawing the wrong conclusion in the face of the obvious.
"Give that slave a whuppin' fer lyin' down on the job!"
The practice of sending small boys up chimneys was certainly very, very nasty. Many of them died through falls and burns, many more died prematurely through lung diseases caused by inhalation of large quantities of soot.
Why mention slavery?
Who cares which was worse?
Using horrific, historical, barbaric practices to play Top Trumps (should that be Bottom Trumps?) belittles them all.

What Griffin is doing is no better than the vile bastards who annually complain on Twitter that Holocaust Memorial Day doesn't commemorate slavery.
Or the Amritsar massacre.
Or the Irish potato famine.
Or any other horrific historical crime.
Because, to the Tweeter, none of these things actually matter more than grasping an opportunity to shout "racist" at some Jews.

122,000 people have died of COVID in the last year. Every single one of them was a better person than Nick Griffin. There is no God.

PS. Who wants to help me stuff him up a chimney?
The American civil war was partly a class war due to the need of industrialising capitalist states of the North to have a plentiful supply of cheap mobile labour for their factories. Bonded agricultural labour stifles that demand. The point Griffin misses is that there was no mass exodus from Detroit factories to pick cotton in Mississippi, shackled with no wages.
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:55 pm
The American civil war was partly a class war due to the need of industrialising capitalist states of the North to have a plentiful supply of cheap mobile labour for their factories. Bonded agricultural labour stifles that demand. The point Griffin misses is that there was no mass exodus from Detroit factories to pick cotton in Mississippi, shackled with no wages.
It's a common cause of Civil War.

Have a look at the splits in the English Civil War.
Crudely presented as Catholic Monarch Vs Reformation Parliament.

Much of that "Reformation" gang represented an urban trading or industrial base.
Compare with the extensive landowners among the Royalists.

It explains another trajectory of many civil wars.
Early success for the country lads who know how to ride a horse.
Later big win for the urban elites who can secure a supply of powder and shot.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Did he specify what the dubious legality involve[…]

Roll Call

I'm surprised how many of those in my circle of […]

The Biden Presidency.

Well, at the moment they're busy moaning that they[…]

"Yebbut everyone was doing it" didn't […]