Topics about a single subject's Daily Mail experience
:sunglasses: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SAI
Membership Days Membership Days
LuciusAR wrote: Not sure what make of this weirdo though, who has quite the axe to grind with facebook for some reason.
Really sad. I wonder if sites like Facebook weren't around, fewer people would do things like commit suicide.
This was public, and he obviously wanted to make it known. He mnay have talked it out with someone, if no facebook.
He may have gone ahead anyway, I just don't like Facebook for this reason- you're not really close to people, it's just another form of hiding, I wish he'd talked it out. Poor guy, poor family and friends. I have never thought suicide is selfish- it takes a lot of guts, and you have to be really really low to do it.

It's really sad.
- Bish, UK, 6/10/2009 5:22
That’s facebook he's talking about, just in case he didn’t mention it enough.
Blaming Facebook for this is like blaming paper and pencils for pre-internet suicide.
By moonkatt
Who cares what war-mongering Obama supporter Eddie Izzard thinks about anything?
- A.H., Glasgow, Scotland, 7/10/2009 10:46

eh?
A lot of people in Britain do not think that a homosexual lifestyle is right. Homosexuals themselves do not think they are behaving properly or they would not call the vast majority of us straight.
- george bampton, Rainhill England,
fuckinghell, next you will be telling us they want to ban xmas too. bloody queers.
Last edited by moonkatt on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jollity
Because straight means "right" and straight means "proper", and straight has never meant "dull and rigid", certainly not in Mr. Bampton's lifetime, or anything like that.

The Pulp song Do You Remember the First Time? uses the term in the more old-fashioned sense, actually. Which I think is cool (but I also think it'd be cool to have the song sung by a woman for the more modern gay interpretation :D )
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
'I found Stephen Gately dead in his living room': Bulgarian clubber describes horrific discovery after night's partying

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html

Finger on the pulse of all the greatest contemporary issues. And knob gags.
indeed outstanding!
Last edited by Paul on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By moonkatt
CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS WILL KILL YOU

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... death.html
All the official reports point to a natural death, with no suspicious circumstances
But, hang on a minute. Something is terribly wrong with the way this incident has been shaped and spun into nothing more than an unfortunate mishap on a holiday weekend, like a broken teacup in the rented cottage
Healthy and fit 33-year-old men do not just climb into their pyjamas and go to sleep on the sofa, never to wake up again
Yeah, and healthy young footballers dont collapse and die on the pitch, oh, hang on.
Whatever the cause of death is, it is not, by any yardstick, a natural one.
No, it must have been a queer pulmonary oedema. Not a natural one.
Another real sadness about Gately's death is that it strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships.
Oh i forgot, normal hetero marriages are all happy and love filled.
Yet the recent death of Kevin McGee, the former husband of Little Britain star Matt Lucas, and now the dubious events of Gately's last night raise troubling questions about what happened.
:shock:
By culfy
moonkatt wrote:CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS WILL KILL YOU

Another real sadness about Gately's death is that it strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships.
Oh i forgot, normal hetero marriages are all happy and love filled.

Didn't the strapline in the Daily Mail yesterday say 'Why do so many marriages end in Murder?'

Civil Partnerships will kill you. Marriage will kill you. What are we to do?
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
That article really strikes a new low. I increasingly get the feeling that columnists like Moir and Littledick absolutely despise their readers - they so obviously cannot be bothered to research anything they write about because they reckon that their readers are too stupid to check the facts for themselves. If she were a BBC journalist, what's the betting the Mail would be baying for her to be sacked?
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That could be more likely than we think to be fair[…]

Declining standards

Headline North York Moors waterfall tombstoning[…]

How can you be in a bad mood, Malc? You've got a s[…]

Roll Call

Morning Kreuz, morning everybody. Early, innit?[…]