Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fark me. "400th Anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower...blah-de-blah start of a wonderful friendship between our two nations"

Why did they leave, Alex? What did they do when they got there? Where had they been living prior to the Mayflower voyage?

Oh dear, stuttering response to Rayner's first question coupled with an outright lie about not knowing why Keeves isn't there...

Rayner now probing a one-man population explosion on childbirth matters. Tittersome.

Grouse shooting. Deflected by tougher sentences for sexual and violent offenders (oops!) and preserving the union (oops!). Here we go with the oh-so-spontaneous questions from the pot plants.
oboogie liked this

By Andy McDandy
Lots of people saying that something that happened 5 months ago is hardly topical.

Same sort of people trotting out treasury notes, Brown selling gold, Tony B. Liar, and Diane Abbott drinking a mojito.

By Andy McDandy
Considering that Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer do more fishing than the good burghers of Grimsby*, it really is a strange hill to die on.

*Well, you know what I mean.

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm
Lots of people saying that something that happened 5 months ago is hardly topical.

Same sort of people trotting out treasury notes, Brown selling gold, Tony B. Liar, and Diane Abbott drinking a mojito.
I think Mark Wallace (who does sometimes make good points) was calling out people who didn't think the government should break the law with the devastating "whadabout Eurozone members breaching deficit rules in 2008 (or thereabouts)?"

People pointed out that this wasn't the EU tearing up a treaty with another country but he wasn't having it.

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:

I think Mark Wallace (who does sometimes make good points) was calling out people who didn't think the government should break the law with the devastating "whadabout Eurozone members breaching deficit rules in 2008 (or thereabouts)?"

People pointed out that this wasn't the EU tearing up a treaty with another country but he wasn't having it.
Elsewhere I've been reading "Well, if China, Russia and Saudi Arabia do it, why shouldn't we?"

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:

Elsewhere I've been reading "Well, if China, Russia and Saudi Arabia do it, why shouldn't we?"
"They're all at it" has become the stock excuse of the month. Lying politicians, lawbreaking, corruption. It's alright for the government to do it because 'they' are all the same.
Boris Johnson

No comment needed... https://twitter.com/DavidGau[…]

Meanwhile in America

Sad news. Didn't the Repubs prevent Obama appoi[…]

Michael Gove

https://twitter.com/room808/status/130687105930039[…]

The Tories, Generally

I'm reminded of a passage in one of the Flashman b[…]