20 May 2019

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/20/the- ... milkshake/
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 pm
The thinking behind this.

Is it a guessing game? Because I have no idea at all what this means - the usual decontextualised cut and paste job...
Timbo liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Laughable excuse for being too scared to get off a bus... :lol:

The Last Straw? In Defence of the Milkshake
Mike Stuchbery
20 May 2019

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/20/the- ... milkshake/
I feel I should go back to nearly two months ago to bring up a certain quote from an Australian politician about cretins like Farage...
I grieve for the rise of the new political correctness – the hypocritical demand of the conservative establishment in this country for civility in political debate. Imagine the hide of these people—the old money interests, the conservative think tanks, the Tory MPs and their fellow travellers in the commercial media. They have spent the last 20 years hopping into the unemployed, Aboriginal communities, newly arrived migrants and anyone else at the bottom of the social ladder, and now they want civility. ... For the establishment, civility is a way of preserving the social pecking order. It helps the ruling class to avoid public scrutiny and accountability. It tells working people to accept their lot in life, without challenging the power and privilege of the Tory elite.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5845&p=570695#p570695

By davidjay
It might be funny in the short-term but far more effective would be to walk up to him, full of politeness and smiles, and say in full view of the ever-present cameras, "Who pays you?" Being asked that by "ordinary members of the public" a dozen times a day would clear him off the streets faster than a water cannon.

By davidjay
I could have put this in a number of topics but here's a s good as anywhere. I was having lunch with my mum today. The waitress had an accent and I asked if she was Polish. She ummed and seemed a bit embarrassed; I said the few words of Polish that I know and she bucked up. Then she came back and explained that when people ask if she's Polish now they often follow it with "Will you be going back home soon? " She's been here with her husband fifteen years, they work and pay taxes and their children know nowhere else. But she said she might think about returning if things get worse.

Fuck off Farage. From the bottom of my soul, fuck off as far as you can fuck, and keep going. David Cameron might have created this mess, but it's you who've caused and exploited all these human tragedies all around the country. May there be a hell, and may you rot in it.
spoonman, Samanfur, Watchman and 1 others liked this

By Boiler
Near where my mother in law lives a young Ukrainian woman set up a shop, having arrived here with sod-all. Three shops later, the delis do a roaring trade to all.

Meanwhile unemployable Brits bemoan the presence of Eastern Europeans here: as one of my colleagues is wont to say "Isn't it terrible? We come over here, take your jobs and worst of all, show you how to do them properly."

I know it'll be a cold fucking day in Hell before I'll let a British tradesman over my threshold again.
Malcolm Armsteen, oboogie, Samanfur and 3 others liked this

By Oblomov
Boiler wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 pm
Near where my mother in law lives a young Ukrainian woman set up a shop, having arrived here with sod-all. Three shops later, the delis do a roaring trade to all.

Meanwhile unemployable Brits bemoan the presence of Eastern Europeans here: as one of my colleagues is wont to say "Isn't it terrible? We come over here, take your jobs and worst of all, show you how to do them properly."

I know it'll be a cold fucking day in Hell before I'll let a British tradesman over my threshold again.
From my brief time in construction, I found it interesting that there was a skill vacuum for a fair bit of the work on site because all the British kids who go to trade school want the "glamour" professions like electrics and plumbing (they're considered glamour because once competent you can easily migrate over to cosy residential jobs under your own banner where you set your own hours, salary etc.) and just assume all the messy arduous jobs on stressful commercial sites will be filled by Balkans/Indians/Africans.

As I just mentioned, it's interesting how this snobbery filters down to a sector that once upon a time took any pigheaded plank to flunk out of school with only disciplinary measures to their name.

By MisterMuncher
I couldn't definitely say if there's a correlation between nationality and quality of work on my own profession. There's definitely a strong relationship, about 95% between "bitches constantly about foreigners" and "is a useless Paddy/Brit jackass with no discernable outstanding qualities and almost no willingness to go beyond the bare fucking minimum".
The LibDems, generally

Vince is 76. Wouldn't be surprising if he'd had en[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/karl_trotsky/status/1153674714[…]

Boris Johnson

Sounds like it's going well. https://twitter.com/[…]

Not sure where else to put this https://twitter[…]