Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.7 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 11.1 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Its surprising how many of his supporters want JC to go to court.

They dont seem to realise that he's going to have all of his emails, text messages and letters exposed as part of the trial. Hes a massive narcissist, think skinned and tetchy.

If you thought Starmer's mauling of Johnson at PMQs was unfair, just wait until a QC who doesnt give a shit about Jezza appearing at Glasto gets a hold of him.

And the idea that JC will be personally insulated by the crowdsourced fund makes it all the more likely to happen.
I find it incredible that in three days this thread will have been running for two years. Anyone with a smidgen of common sense and a modicum of competence would have stamped on this issue as soon as it raised its ugly head, and this thread would have fizzled out in a fortnight.

Kinda shows the mettle of the man who was Party leader for the last five years, don't it.
davidjay, Kreuzberger liked this
visage wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 pm
On the other hand, it's not surprising at all because they all believe he'll be 100% vindicated and Starmer will be forced to resign, grovelling for Corbyn to return and lead them to a crushing GE victory into the bargain.

This is their very own brexit deadline - the point where personal belief and lies they've told themselves and others about themselves and others come crashing into the solid brick wall of fact. I fully expect Corbyn to settle should he be faced with court, because having a sealed, out of court settlement that all manner of conspiracy theories can be dreamt up about is the only way he has left to get out of having his extensive collection of skeletons emptied out of his luxurious array of closets.

I mean, can you imagine a decent lawyer being asked to build a case that demonstrates Corbyn's character with his back catalogue, coupled with his team's absolute ineptitude at knowing when to keep their gobs shut? It'd be a fucking field day.
davidjay, oboogie liked this
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:27 pm
visage wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 pm
On the other hand, it's not surprising at all because they all believe he'll be 100% vindicated and Starmer will be forced to resign, grovelling for Corbyn to return and lead them to a crushing GE victory into the bargain.

This is their very own brexit deadline - the point where personal belief and lies they've told themselves and others about themselves and others come crashing into the solid brick wall of fact. I fully expect Corbyn to settle should he be faced with court, because having a sealed, out of court settlement that all manner of conspiracy theories can be dreamt up about is the only way he has left to get out of having his extensive collection of skeletons emptied out of his luxurious array of closets.

I mean, can you imagine a decent lawyer being asked to build a case that demonstrates Corbyn's character with his back catalogue, coupled with his team's absolute ineptitude at knowing when to keep their gobs shut? It'd be a fucking field day.
But he'll win the argument.
Yes, the 'ignoring 18,000 emails' is being taken as gospel, which sounds totally implausible.

It's a tiny blog written by someone with a grudge, full of anti-semitic tropes, but it's being promoted by someone associated with the (previous) Labour leadership with an audience of over 80,000. Labour is not going to shake off accusations of being soft on anti-semitism until people like Bastani are given the boot.
Tubby Isaacs, oboogie liked this
That article isn't very good. I actually wrote a long response to it, but deleted it before I lost the will to live.

But you want to know about those 18,000 unanswered emails, right?
...I received a reply from Duffield herself, acknowledging the delay and apologising: “for the very slow response to correspondence”. She explained that following her election in July, “by September there were 18,000 e-mails in my inbox…Everything was put into a database and given to caseworkers and our constituency assistant, who have been trying to clear that backlog ever since.” Ever since? 18,000 unanswered e-mails??? Yes. Duffield went on to admit: “The delay is embarrassing” but “we are all doing our best to meet the demands of that as best as we can.”

What a staggering admission – 18,000 unanswered e-mails in an MP’s inbox.
It's all a bit garbled, but she seems to be saying she was overwhelmed with emails but has got a better system going now. It doesn't say that none of these 18,000 emails were answered (or needed answering).
Catkins wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 pm
And of course Matt Zerb-Cousin in joining in - another one who needs to be fired into the sun.
He was ata virtual meeting of my CLP discussing mental health I was tempted to ask him whether he felt dog piling people for disagreeing with the previous regime was good for their mental health of the people being dopgpiled.
SNP

A CyberNat type local take on Brexit beneath the T[…]

Labour, Generally.

He was crap, he surrounded himself with crap, laz[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

According to twitter she's simultaneously an exa[…]

Brexit then and now

You just know Lamont will still say he is correct.[…]