:sunglasses: 100 %
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:25 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:09 pm
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:53 am Prison rape happens. If Karen White had been sent to a male prison, she'd be beating a blowjob out of Andy Dufresne in the laundry. The issue there isn't trans people, but prison culture and endemic violence in the system.
That's exactly the attitude I'm talking about. White was a male born who had a history of sexual violence against women. White then claimed to be a woman and was allowed into a woman's prison where she proceeded to launch sexually assault inmates. White should never have been put into a woman's prison in the first place.
It's an appalling situation, but would that happen now? If it were purely a matter of self-id, then there would be hundreds of Karen Whites in women's prisons. I wonder if the Karen White disaster was based on the prison getting legal advice that they weren't allowed to refuse.

I think self-id works for most situations. I'm not sure all that many people think it should be the end of the matter for every situation though.
Hopefully it wouldn't. I think Self-ID could work provided there were safeguards and caveats.
By Tubby Isaacs
I agree. And most of the difficult situations aren't really ones where most trans people spend much- eg prison, really serious sports. As MM said above though, it's very difficult for these difficult situations not to define the whole debate, and that must be very painful for trans people.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is very obviously not "safeguarding 101". How would this work? "Tell me what's wrong, and I'll tell your (possibly not very nice at all) parents"?

She isn't stupid, I don't think. I think the game here is to make meeting trans needs sound absurd. She's corrected BTL by lots of people and has no interest in taking it on board, as far as I can see.

By Samanfur
This is Maya Forstater, the lady who inspired the #IStandWithMaya hashtag. One of the heroes of the 'gender critical' crowd.

She's not necessarily stupid, but definitely closed-minded and stubborn when it comes to trans issues. She genuinely believes what she says.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Guaranteed to stop any child asking for help and advice, of course. If they could speak easily to their parents they wouldn't be asking you...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]